Student Complaints

The Student Complaint Form provides students with an avenue to submit a concern regarding any area on campus for which no other specific process exists.

If this is an emergency situation, please contact campus safety and police at (336) 278-5555.

This form should NOT be used to submit complaints or grievances regarding:

• Identity-based Bias/Title IX
• Disabilities
• Grade appeals
• Student Conduct Appeals

If a student has a complaint other than those related to Identity-based bias, Title IX, disabilities/special needs, grade appeal, or student conduct appeals, the student should:

• Attempt to resolve the issue at the office that is the source of the complaint by speaking with a supervisor.
• If step #1 does not result in a satisfactory resolution, the student will be instructed to submit a written complaint by filling out the online form located at
• Any University staff member or administrator can also submit a form on behalf of a student.
• A University staff person from the office of the Vice President for Student Life will then direct the information to the appropriate department to determine a course of action.
• You will receive confirmation that your complaint was received and routed to the appropriate office within 24 hours.

To file a complaint, please access the form on the Student Complaint website:  

If you have questions about this form or would like to speak with a staff member about your complaint, please contact Susan Lindley, Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Student Life and Dean of Students at (336) 278-7220 or

For information regarding options available to you after pursuing Elon University’s complaint process, please go to the Student Complaint website: 

If this is an emergency situation, please contact campus safety and police at (336) 278-5555.

Powered by SmartCatalog IQ