Graduate-level licensure

Recommendation for graduate licensure will be given after completion of M.Ed. requirements. This recommendation will be given in one licensure area only: Elementary Education (K-6) or Academically/Intellectually Gifted Education (K-12) or Special Education-General Curriculum (K-12). Prior to receiving graduate licensure, a student must possess an initial North Carolina teaching license. In addition, students applying for a new content area in Elementary or Special Education must take the appropriate Praxis/Pearson specialty area required tests; additionally testing is not currently required for Gifted Education. Please note these test requirements are mandated by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction, subject to change through the program, and independent of requirements of the institution.

Powered by SmartCatalog IQ